Friday, November 6, 2009

10K hands of NL50HU after coaching.

What's up all,

Just wanted to post and update you all with my results over the last ~10K hands of 50NLHU. It's been exactly 9590 hands since my coaching session with knox828. I've been mostly 1 tabling, and sometimes 2 tabling NL50HU.

I started on Stars, and recently, after 7 months of waiting...was offered rakeback on FTP. I basically couldn't believe it when I opened my gmail Inbox. Anyways, you could say I've been running good, but I've also been playing extremely well. My bankroll is almost $3500 now, and I know I said that I would take a shot at NL100 when I got to 3500, but I'm more of a bankroll nit and I think $4000 is a bit safer and easier on my psyche. Plus I've only played lifetime like 20k hands at NL50, so it could be that I'm just running hot...

Yesterday I had one of the worst, all in equity sessions. I got it in pretty good everytime, my session was mistake free, but I found myself still down 3-4 buyins. I grinded my way back to the black, and ended the session (1011 hand session over 4.5 hours) in the positive. It was a good self-esteem and confidence booster. I've never felt so confident in my game until recently.

For anyone attempting to break into heads up, I definitely recommend getting some coaching. My coach was knox828, a CR member and past student of cpar1 (I hope I got that right). Anyways, knox charges 55/hr...which is very reasonable, considering that my investment in coaching has paid for itself 20 times over already. If you buy packages of 5 or 10 sessions you get a discount I believe. More importantly, Knox is a cool dude, and he's available often online...who wants a boring coach when you can have an outgoing guy like knox teaching you. I'd like to think of you as one of my poker friends now, knox ;). OK, /end shameless plug. But seriously, contact him at: jss.knx@gmail.com

Anyways here are some of my goals for November:
[ ] 2k$ profit
[ ] At least 30k hands

I don't know what to think of FTP's IronMan system, It seems like it takes forever to get especially if you only play 1-2 tables of NL50HU. Yesterday I was messing around on 4 tables for about 1 hour of 2c/5c 6max with my friend and I earned more FTP points and Iron Man points than I do playing 50NLHU in 3 hours. It's kind of stupid really. And if you use your FTP points it cuts into your MGR? So your rakeback is less? I'm not sure what to do with all of it.

Here are my results and graph over the last ~10k hands or so. GL to everyone at the tables. I'm rooting for Ivey in the WSOP ME. But, I'm just another fanboy obv.

~Reft



No comments:

Post a Comment